Saturday, February 25, 2012

Create linked exchange server

I'm using sql server 2005 and exchange 2003. End result is I want to upload email attachments to a table in sql. No one seems to have any idea how do do this except with .net, which i know nothing about so not really an option for me. I found this bit of info with some extensive web searching. Can anyone help fill in the blanks? I can't get the linked server to work yet.

EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'exchange',
'Exchange OLE DB provider',
'exoledb.DataSource.1',
'file:\\.\backofficestorage\mailservername\public folders'

Error received:The OLE DB provider "exoledb.DataSource.1" has not been registered.

Does the Exchange Ole DB Driver exist on the SQL Server machine? I am assuming the 2 services are not on the same machine. If not, you may need to install the Exchange SDK or management tools on the SQL Server to get the OleDB driver installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment