Sunday, February 19, 2012

create endpoint fails with error 0x800704be

I am trying to create an endpoint with the code below and get the following error

An error ('0x800704be') occurred while attempting to register the endpoint 'getFormsEP'.

Anyone any ideas on what this error means?

Please help if you can.

Regards, Major (that is my Christian name ;-)

Code

create endpoint getFormsEP
state = started
as http
(
site='ictdwt10mt',
path='/EndPoints',
authentication=(integrated),
ports=(clear),
clear_port=84
)
for soap
(
webmethod 'getForms'
(
name='EForms21.dbo.getForms',
schema=standard,
format=rowsets_only
),
wsdl=default,
login_type=windows,
database='EForms21',
schema=none
)

Additionl information.

I have now setup a server with .NET 3.0 and a development PC with .NET 3.0. I have applied the lastest OS fixes to both.

I have installed SQL 2005 Service Pack 2 on the server.

I am still getting this error.

Anyone from MS watching?

Please help if you can.

Regards, Major.

|||

Hi Major,

You need to set the namespace in order for this endpoint to bind because it serves as the final location or address of the bound endpoint.

Hope this helps,

John Gordon (MSFT)

<edit>

Sorry about that, I misunderstood the requirements. I will continue to look into this for you but Matt is probably going to beat me to a solution to your problem. I hope we get this fixed for you soon.

|||Hi Major,

What operating system are you running on?

Error code: (HRESULT) 0x800704be (2147943614) - The format of the specified network name is invalid. Or the constant error code is ERROR_INVALID_NETNAME.

Note I wasn’t able to replicate it by putting all sorts of invalid names as the site name when creating the endpoint.

This will come up when SQL tries to register the endpoint using httpaddurl API and it means the network name you specified in the site='zzz' tag is not valid from http.sys perspective. Try running ipconfig /all and verifying the site name you are using is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment