Sunday, February 19, 2012

CREATE ENDPOINT to Expose a single DB instance

I have been looking at this statement for allowing access from a remote location to a specific database on my SQL Server (2005) from a client application.

Is it possible to do this using this method? I see lots of examples using this to expose Web Services of DB objects, however I need the client application to be able to authenticate to and access all objects in the database. If so, could some one provide a simple example of the arguments to use? For example, which protocol arguments are valid for this? I would like to use SQL Server Authentication. Is this possible?

Regards,

-Troy

I think the answer is to create a new instance of SQL Server on a non-standard port and move the DB to that instance. At least that is what I've chosen to do. If anyone knows of a better way, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment