Friday, February 24, 2012

CREATE FUNCTION owner_name

Hi,

I have a problem with a function I am creating. I am working on a project for Uni. I coded all my SQL on my home computer, but now I have transferred it all to the schools system and I have a problem with the permissions on the schools SQL Server.

On my home computer I created

CREATE FUNCTION GetDateOnly

It automatically gave it the 'dbo' owner_name which worked fine at home, but on the Uni computers it says I dont have permission to execute it. The owner of all my other Procedures, tables etc. is SCMS/ral6 when I create them at school, which is also the owner_name of my function if I create it at school, but...

If I try and run a function like this:

SCMS/ral6.GetDateOnly()

It does not like the '/'

Nor does it work if I leave that part of, and just go:

ral6.GetDateOnly()

Does anyone know how I can run this? The Uni is not likely to change there whole permissions to run my one project, but without this FUNCTION, my project will not work.

Thankstry [SCMS/ral6].GetDateOnly()|||Cheers for that, I think you just saved my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment