Friday, February 24, 2012

CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG inside a user transaction.

hi:

I try to create full text for new created tables.

Since all new created tables will have same columns with different table name.

After I run the stored procedure to create table, after i got the new table name, I would like to create full-text on that table in the DDL triger.

But I got error like this:

CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG statement cannot be used inside a user transaction.

Any one has idea how to deal with it?

Thanks

This is by design. Full-text catalog cannot be created in nested/embedded transactions.

I dont' think the DDL trigger would work in this case. Perhap, create a store proc that will scan all the tables that do not have full-text index and add them on fly.

Gary

|||

DDL triger not working. I have stored procedure for creating full-text, the SP works when you exec it inside of the Management studio (not being called from other SP, job or triger etc), otherwise, it will return the same error.

anyway, I guess this is the dead end for creating full text on the fly.

1 comment:

Claudio said...

Hello, I know it´s an old topic but here is an idea for anyone else having similar problems:

Make a procedure that: a) creates an scheduled job that creates the fulltext after 1-2 min., b) wait for it to run, and c) erase the schduled job.

Best regards.

Post a Comment