Thursday, March 29, 2012

CREATE TABLE/VIEW from stored procedure or SELECT...

Can anyone tell me how can I create a table in (SQL Server 2000) direct from a stored procedure execution or from a SELECT result?

I need something like this: CREATE TABLE < t > FROM <sp_name p1, p2, ...>or like this:

CREATE TABLE < t > FROM SELECT id, name FROM < w > ...

Thank you!

Look at SELECT ... INTO command.|||

use northwind

select * into #tablex from employees

select * from #tablex

|||

Sorry joeydj but your example create a copy of another table! I need to create a table that contains only a few columns from another table, so that why I need to use a SELECT or a stored procedure that build and execute a SELECT.

Can I do that?

Thanks!

|||Sorry gavrilenko_s but I miss your post! You are right! That is the solution! Thanks!|||

hi,

first you have to create a table that has a similar

structure with the Sp

and then you can use

insert into temp

exec sp1

here's a sample snippet


USE NORTHWIND
select 'my name.........................12345' as productname, 10000.00000
as unitprice, 10000.0000 as quantiTY,
10000.0000 as discount, 10000.0000 as extendedprice
into tempx

truncate table tempx

insert into tempx
exec dbo.CustOrdersDetail '10248'

select * from tempx
drop table tempx

also suggest you make use of UDFs

cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment